Alicia's Mom's Pumpkin Bread
- Wet Phase:
- 1 15oz can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (Will's modification uses dark brown sugar)
- Dry Phase:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (Will's modification increased this by 1/4)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- Final Phase:
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (Will's modification added this)
Mix & Bake @ 350 degrees for 50 minutes
Will's Modified Directions:
- I modified the original recipe by just adding maybe an extra 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, and using dark brown sugar.
- I put all the ingredients in the left column in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Separately combine all the dry ingredients (right column) and whisk together.
- Dump half dry into wet ingredients and hand mix until just combined.
- Pour the last dry into the wet and hand mix until just combined.
- Lastly add chocolate chips and fold in.
- Bake at 350 degress for 70 minutes. The instructions say 50 min, I think it takes closer to 70 minutes (dunno if that's an altitude thing).
- After ~65 minutes, I just check the bread every 5 minutes by pushing a knife all the way in and if mushy bread is on the knife then it's not done